Let’s be honest, one of our most valuable resources is time. This item goes by so fast and we never seem to get enough of it. Unfortunately, we won’t be able to get more and we can’t slow it down, we just have what we have.
In the time we have left, we must make the most of our resources. You can follow these simple steps to help you maximize your day and make every minute count:
- Write down what you need to accomplish the next day at the end of each day. Gather all the details you’ll need, along with phone numbers, applications, and relevant documents.
- The list should be prioritized: number each item and complete the most difficult tasks first. There is always the temptation to do the easy tasks first. However, think about how the idea of doing the hard work hangs over you while you do the easy work. Imagine how motivated you’ll be once the nasties are gone.
- Make a list and cross off items as you go. You don’t have to reply to every email or text you receive. Schedule your email to be checked every hour or every two hours, whichever is most convenient for you.
- Do it, delegate it and drop it away, here’s the 3 D’s rule: Treat each document only once. Start now, delegate it to someone else or just throw it away is the only option. Don’t forget: “Do it only if you can.”
- ACT NOW! – Procrastination can be a time thief. It’s so easy to put things off until another time or until “you’ve had time to think about it.”
- Take some time for yourself: schedule a certain time to relax. Exercise, buy something or do anything else you enjoy.
- If you can’t get where you want to go from what you’re doing now, make fundamental changes to what you’re doing. Sometimes it’s not about time, but about your activities and which ones you can really postpone.
Did you learn anything about time management? Keep reading with us!